Westgate Shopping Center Zagreb
In September 2009 Croatia’s biggest shopping city opened, creating a new dimension of shopping entertainment. Besides fashion, electronics and gastronomy, West Gate established itself as a popular family center. This project was developed together with the partner companies Focus and ATP. The project data is impressive: 250,000 m2 West Gate shopping area, over 200 shops, 32 restaurants, bars and cafes. 7,250 parking spaces, of which 2,500 are covered, 4,000 m2 Kids World. Totalinvestment, incl. tenants: approx. € 270 million. In direct neighbourhood of West Gate other gigantic retail areas are built:
- perfected traffic concept, direct motorway access, four lanes for access and exit - attached through roundabouts.
- exciting, modern architecture
- excellent infrastructure - despite the size, ways are short for customers, partly covered parking lots and roofed paths to the entrances.
- concentration of the most successful trading enterprises in combination with a balanced mixture of commercial lines.
- multifunctional orientation with catering, service and entertainment.
- uniqueness in a wider area, concerning size and variety of offers.
The whole trade-devepolment area of the Shopping City Zagreb, approximately 1 million m², will receive perfect infrastructure. All of the accessing roads have four lanes and are connected with the trading areas via big roundabouts. The shopping center has an additional internal traffic circle - two laned as well - via which the various parking lots will be fed. This guarantees an easy flow of traffic even on days with a strong frequency. The construction of the ‘Northern bypass’ and the tunnel through Mount Medvednica (construction commenced in 2009) facilitated the development of the Zagreb shopping center considerably.
OUR SERVICES / BASIC DATA:
Project Cooperation: Focus und ATP
Operation Company: EKZ Zagreb Entwicklungs GmbH
Start: Summer 2007
Opening: September 2009
Retail Area: approx. 100.000 m²
Shops and Services: over 200
Catering: approx. 9.000 m²
Parking Spaces: approx. 7.250 cars